30.6.10

day three.

I am watching 3 kids. They are 9 (girl), 7 (boy) and 4 (girl). Usually, it’s impossible to get them all together for ‘story-time’ so the 9 year old finds the Simpsons and they doze off to sleep after the show.

Last night, the 9 year old was sleeping at her friend’s house (on a school night) and the little boy crashed before we officially went to bed. Miraculously, I had the 4 year old girl all to myself and was able to finally have a proper evening of story-time. We picked a load of books that looked fun and by the end of the last book she had fallen asleep cuddling up against my arm. It was sweet and made me very happy. I left as quietly as possible and turned out the lights.


It was 10pm when I left the house and walked to the bus stop to head over to my friend’s house for a late dinner. When I got on the bus I noticed a man facing the back of the bus with a notebook sketching what he saw. The woman of the couple next to him was peeking at his work. The man of the couple was uninterested and obviously seeking his girlfriends attention. I couldn’t help but stare.

In Buenos Aires, I noticed that staring is accepted. Many people stare or obviously turn around to look at something that isn’t ‘like the other’. I find myself taking full advantage to this behavior.

I arrived at my friend’s house and ate a wonderful meal of meat and veggies sautéed. My tummy was extremely happy. I hung out and talked with friends from all over the world (Columbia, France and Germany) till around 2am before heading home.

Today I worked a little and had coffee with my dear friend Wendy.

No comments:

Post a Comment