29.6.10

Day 2.

I set my alarm for 7am determined to not press the snooze button but as usual, pressed it, several times. I actually woke up at 8:30am or 8:45, what is the difference.

Every night before I go to bed I have these wild imaginations of waking up early and exercising. Why must I live in such a fantasy?


My problem really is that when I am sleeping my dreams are ridiculously vivid and lovely. This is why I don’t want to wake up. I seem to go into a dream state very quickly. I am always meeting new people and having fantastic new experiences. And I rationalize any excess sleep that I have with the knowledge that sleep helps my brain learn. I have convinced myself that I need extra because I have trouble learning things.


It is a beautiful Buenos Aires day. A little crisp but the sun is out. I went to the bus stop, heading off to teach English, and the bus was miraculously waiting at the stop. Oddly, the 62 rather than the 61 (which is what I take) but the 62 carries me equally to my destination. A bus waiting at a bus stop is basically non-existent in Buenos Aires because buses almost never wait for you or re-open their doors for late comers. So it felt very strange. Sometimes this city is really nice to you.


I arrived at my client’s office and was chatting with the receptionist. The receptionist is a very pretty woman with two children and loves to talk. I always get to practice my Spanish because she is always willing to chat with me and give me advice on anything in my life. She is a kind woman. It makes me sad that her relationships haven’t worked out and makes me think about my irritations with the Argentine men. You can tell that she is a fantastic mother. She told my boss that she was thrilled that I talked to her.

I came home for lunch and I am eating a peanut butter/jelly sandwich with a glass of milk. Funny, because I never really ate peanut butter/jelly sandwich and milk back home but here it seems like such a treat.

2 comments:

  1. Molly, I'm excited to read your 30 days of writing. And... I love PB&J!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!!! Hope it's not tooo boring :)

    ReplyDelete