3.2.10

La Lluvia: The Rain


It rains in Buenos Aires. During the year the highest levels of precipitation is in March but basically it commonly rains from October-April. When it is rains, it comes in quickly and there is always been thunder and lightning. I have mostly seen the storms in the middle of the night and many times they clear before the day. Today it is raining gently throughout the day.

The great thing about the rain is that it cools everything down. It is a major relief in this hot city. Unfortunately, that puts a damper on the weekend excursions to the beach, which is a journey out of the city. It’s like going to the Hamptons from NYC.

It’s good to have an umbrella but depending where you are, many people don’t put them up because there is not enough room to walk on the street. It would just make it another challenge. I am surprised that I haven’t seen more rain coats. Today, I am taking advantage and relaxing on this rainy day.

1 comment:

  1. The storms are quite spectacular in BA. Ever since I remember I used to watch the heavy rain and lighting through the window at home. I never got tired of it, I could sit by the window for hours. What I loved the most was going to bed during a brutal thunderstorm, it was so calming for me. That's one of the things I miss here in Chicago, the wind must be so strong that it rarely rains for more than a couple of hours.
    Every time I talked to my parents and it's pouring in Argentina, they would always say that it's the perfect day for me to be there, enjoy a good meal at home, watch a movie and sit down by the window for a while.

    ReplyDelete