14.1.10

STRIKE CITIBANK !!!

Today, I officially feel like an Argentine because today I STRIKE!!!!

Citibank has decided to charge me a wacky amount of money for being in Buenos Aires. I used them because they are an International Bank I was assured, by them, that they would be more reasonable with their foreign fees.

Not the case. I have been charged around 100 dollars in fees in one month.

I am a little stressed because I am dealing with closing this account and transferring all my money to another account. I did however plan ahead for this situation. Thankfully, I put someone that I trusted on the account with me so they can help me take care of the situation.

Fun Travel Tip!! I believe to travel safely and wisely you need to have a few people in your corner who you trust 100% with your personal expenses.

Join me in first Argentine Strike. STRIKE CITIBANK!!!!




4 comments:

  1. Well, Citibank... my niece has been in Buenos Aires for about a year soon (she's from Germany and has her account at the Citibank in Berlin) and although the Citibank warns you it's not "authorized by the Argentine Central Bank" to withdraw more than "300 Peso" each time here, if you give it a try (at least the German branch of the Citibank) authorizes higher ammounts, allowing you to withdraw more money each time and reducing the charges / fees. Hope it will be of help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you. All will be fixed soon but it sure feels good to pass the word.

    ReplyDelete