21.12.09

Senorita Dora



I rent a small room in the apartment of an older woman. She is an angel. Or really, more like a little fairy with wings. I know it sounds strange to say that but it is actually true. She is very funny and a tad bit flighty. For example, she occasionally forgets to turn things off, like water or fire. I think it is a combination of her age and her natural personality. And for some reason, I am rarely worried. There is something about her that feels really lucky. All that said I sure hope nothing disastrous happens to me. She likes to dabble around the house. She enjoys cleaning up random areas, with seemingly little purpose, since the house is chronically dirty. She likes to dress up and go out to lunch with the ladies, looking fabulous. She tells cute little stories that I am just beginning to understand, those have been fun. She makes simple yet delicious items in the kitchen, which have lately been pureed or shredded finely because of a sore tooth. I have had mashed tuna fish with avocado on bread, her cold beet soup with onions and her empanadas. She is many times here to offer me food when I am walking out the door or coming home from a long day. She has the sweetest grandchild, who has become fond of me, and she tells me every time she is here. She is just a top of the line first class lady. And I couldn’t be happier in her sweet little humble abode.

No comments:

Post a Comment