19.12.09

A COMER !!!!




Today has been one of my favorite days. Nothing that extraordinary has happened. In fact, it has been raining all day. But today, I fulfilled a deep desire inside. Since I arrived, I have been trying desperately to understand the meat cuts and general menus without spending tons of money.

My good friend Wendy, here in Buenos Aires, is a fluent Spanish speaker but because she is from Mexico many of the food words she knows are different then the words used here. She is also vegetarian. So, although she helps me out quite a bit, when it comes to food, I have been on my own. Those of you who know me well understand the subject of food as being an important one to me. But now I can honestly say, that I didn’t even realize how much it meant to me until my communication of it was taken away.

I stumbled into a place, called La Payuca on Av. Santa Fe. I was certain when I entered that it was touristy but I didn’t care. What it gave me was priceless. First off, it was a slow time of the day, which meant they had a lot of time and the hostess spoke some English. They provided a menu in English and in Spanish. Within minutes, I asked for table for one and literally began to take notes. By the end of my meal, of course, my tummy was happy. But I also had a decent grasp on the Argentine style of Beef, Pork and Lamb cuts, including the traditional starters, salads, sides and deserts. For me, this is a serious relief. Thank you, tourism. And thank you to the very kind hostess who spoke a little English.

1 comment: