2.1.10

The Spanish Fly.......El Mosquito.


Besides mayonnaise, there is one thing in Argentina that everyone owns a bottle of, mosquito repellent. Just after a nice shower and right before I go out, I thoroughly apply my new scent, mosquito repellent. Ladies, be careful, the application of this daily use can really mess up a manicure!

People tend to wear jeans here, much more then I would have imagined, even when it is warm. It is very important to have a nice pair of jeans so you can protect your legs. Also, I feel that I take a risk every time I wear sandals. I have been in Argentina for one month and at this point I know that having a mosquito bite on my body is a part of life here. Right now, I have 5 mosquito bites on my body, which is a small amount.

Here in Buenos Aires, it rains quite a bit and there are many cracks and crevasses for the sneaky little bugs to survive. We are in the lowest altitude of the country and it exists on the same plane of land as far up as where the Northern Iguazu falls begins, which is mountainous. Technically, it is one big flood zone and Buenos Aires is particularly vulnerable because it is coastal. March is coming up and it is historically the most rainfall of the year. From what I have learned so far, I would imagine that if there is a flood here that the city might stop. Here, I believe that you should keep food in your house for emergencies.

Please! Send me my rain jacket and a cost-co size of mosquito repellent!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment