5.12.09

Wendy


As soon as I decided that coming to Buenos Aires was what I wanted to do, the universe has allowed me to do it. I have met so many wonderful people over the last year. I have helped me in extraordinary ways. Just weeks before I left a friend of mine thought to connect me with a girl named Wendy. We have many mutual friends but, oddly, have never met until now. She has been here for 6 months. She is from Mexico and Chicago. She is smart, fun, interesting, active and curious. She can keep up with me when I walk. She’s tough but kind. She can communicate with all the people here. She has given me the grand tour in English with a little Spanish. She helped me find a place to stay. She generously and patiently explains everything she knows to me about this city. I was prepared to do this alone but the universe brought me Wendy. Mi Chica Latina de Chicago!

No comments:

Post a Comment