3.12.09

This one is for you Genesa



I have a best friend and her name is Genesa. She is 50% Italian, 50% Polish from the United States. Her last name comes from the Italian side, it is Garbarino. Her dad still speaks Italian.

FUN FACT! Argentina was second only to the United States in the number of European immigrants received, and at the time, the national population doubled approximately every two decades as a result. Up to 25 million Argentines have some degree of Italian descent, around 60% of the total population.

I had heard that Genesa's last name was the name of a local electronics store. Above is a picture of some of the sales people! But what I didn't realize was the deal they were offering, only 2499 pesos ($655) for a NETBOOK HP. When I reflected on the 350 peso ($100) Brita filter I price checked yesterday. I understood why everyone drinks the water and works with computers.

1 comment:

  1. You can't buy anything cheaper that in the US. Sad but true - and we are so spoiled that we want it even cheaper...

    ReplyDelete