29.12.09

The pursuit of Happiness


I have been thoroughly enjoying my time here in Buenos Aires, Argentina. There have been many adventures and I have met many beautiful people.


In the beginning of my stay here I was able to write every day. One of the many joys of having this time has been to be able to write this BLOG and share my experiences. But as time moves forward, life gets bigger and bigger. For me this time has been to fulfill myself with experiences that I have always wanted to do but haven't. Besides enjoying the food, city and culture, I now have a tutor 3 times a week, with homework. This alone has drained me quite a bit. And I still face a battle in my head with Spanish/English. I am slowly becoming more relaxed with this reality.

I have just begun singing lessons in Spanish and I have looked into another dream of mine, yoga. I am hoping that these two activities will add more of a center to my core. Also, I’ve begun a search on culinary schools. With this I am unsure what I want to do with food. I always thought that I would run a restaurant but lately other options with food sound more attractive. For example, working back stage on one of the cooking shows that I love to watch.

For now, my short term goal is to have some kind of job by the end of the month.

I’m reaching another level here in Buenos Aires, which has been thinking about if I could live here. I could. I would enjoy it. Maybe not forever and maybe still only for another 2 months but certainly while I discover more of myself.

2 comments:

  1. I am sure you will enjoy living in BA. It's a great city that has a lot to offer. If you ever miss your language, you could go to Reconquista street in downtown where you'll find many bars that are always crowded with Irish, English and maybe US people.

    ReplyDelete