9.12.09

Hablando en Espanol


For me learning a language has been difficult. Is it because I am getting older? I don’t know. I think, maybe I didn’t study enough? Or maybe, I shouldn’t be speaking English, at all. Or, well, it’s true; I am a little slow, at times. Whatever the reason is, for me learning another language has been challenging. It has taken serious patience from inside. I myself have a habit of pushing myself to the limit with goals that have immediate results. This does not happen with language. Language is gradual. Language is gentle. It softly seeps through your pores and envelopes you. You must simply wait till it arrives. Perhaps, for me, I face another challenge. I am, many times, still learning patience and serenity. I had a teacher who told me not to compare myself to others. I have teachers who tell me to relax. Today my teacher told me to have fun or it isn’t going to work. Language is life. Life is a journey. My journey is here.

1 comment: