2.12.09

El bano



In the United States, we have luxury in our bathrooms. We have privacy, we have space, and we have our own personal everything, with our name on it and coated in silver, if we wanted. Argentina, especially in the older buildings, typically the bathroom ( el bano) is small and the shower head lives on the wall spraying everything in its path. There are metal covers for the toilet paper (pictured). Other than that, you must protect everything on your own, squeegee the floor and dry down when you are finished. This morning as I finished my shower I wondered how the Argentine people felt with this in their daily routine. Then I thought how nice it must be to not have to worry too much about cleaning the bathroom floor.

3 comments:

  1. Molly pero no en todos lados es asi! You have plenty of different bathrooms to choose. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that you can sit on the potty while you wash your hair. Nice feature!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see the more modern bathrooms. I want a BADAY!

    ReplyDelete