5.4.10

San Telmo: Sunday/Domingo














Last weekend was Easter. It is a long weekend here in Argentina. Most people are off work from Thursday through Sunday. Everyone is back to work on Monday.

Yesterday, since it was just a normal day for me. I finally went to check out the street market in San Telmo. It is every Sunday. There is a little music, food, art and tango. It runs down Defensa Street starting near the pink house all the way down past San Juan Street.

Just search: San Telmo street fair‎
Google map: http://maps.google.com.ar/

If you are looking to purchase or take a nice photo of a tango dancer this is the place. I am glad that I waited to go because being able to talk the people down on purchases is important.

I bought a very soft hand woven scarf for 30 pesos (originally 40 pesos) and cheapo gloves that you would find in Walgreens for 5 pesos (they wanted 15 pesos).

Great people watching!

No comments:

Post a Comment