15.12.09

Sugar/Azucar




In Buenos Aires, rarely is there pepper on the table at any restaurant. However, what they do always have is salt and sugar. The sugar struck me as strange when I first arrived because everywhere I would go the sugar packets were different. I began to collect them and investigate. Where is this magical sugar factory? Or, from what it appears to be, several factories? I came to found out I was not alone. My friend from Argentina used to collect them as a kid. I can completely understand this. They are fun and it’s always a surprise what you will get! Unfortunately, the tradition of creating personalized sugar packets is dying. The ones that I have collected are pretty generic, just the logo of the restaurant or the logo of the coffee company they use. Here is a fun BLOG about sugar packets from Argentina! AZUCAR!!

http://sobresdeazucar.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

  1. heyy MOLLY
    good that you like our site, and how beautiful you look at our city.
    sometimes our sentences are more dramatic or ironic that fun, but so is everything.
    regards

    ReplyDelete