30.11.09

Leaving Chicago


As a child, I dreamed of going all over the world. My dad traveled internationally quite a bit, for work, and I still remember the smell of the luggage when he packed up. I knew then, my goal was to see the world.

At that age dreams seem so far away. For a long time, I never felt deserving of my dreams or goals. Still, today, I can find myself having the ‘I’m too old’ attitude or thinking that I’ve missed my window. Dreams were for other people, with more money or more talent. I was just a basic girl who worked hard for her money, came from a middle-class, with parents who worked hard for their money. There wasn’t excess money. My perception was stuck.

I know now these are excuses. I know now that anything is possible and anything that really pays off takes serious effort. For me, it took some life changing events to occur before I could begin to realize how I could be who I am, deep inside.

As I have been slowly ‘peeling the onion’. This trip has become one of the layers. This dream is an extension of my spirit being filled with an un-materialistic force, including being filled with the spirit of family/friends. This dream was not new and technically I have been planning for this my entire life.
I am sitting at Ohare Airport two hours early. Apparently, I’m a little over-zealous for this trip. This is my first International flight. I took my time through bag-check and security. There was very little traffic in either department. It has been a great time to write for my BLOG and make last minute phone calls. Good-bye Chicago.

1 comment:

  1. I have just started reading your blog and I love it! Best of luck and have lots of fun!!! Muchos besos y si necesitas algo desde aca, conta conmigo.
    Besotes!!

    ReplyDelete